2014 CrossFit Games TV Schedule
2014 CrossFit Games TV Schedule: Regionals Results
The 2014 crossfit games regional competitions were held from April 25th to May 1st. The top 16 competitors qualified for the national competition which will take place in Kansas City, Missouri from July 8th to 10th.
Below are the top 16 competitors’ results:
1) Justin “Joker” Gonzalez – San Diego, CA (CrossFit Invictus)
2) Michael “Mighty Mike” Perez – Houston, TX (CrossFit Mayhem)
3) Nick “Crazy Legs” Piazza – Austin, TX (CrossFit Mayhem)
4) Ryan “Razorback” Rinaldi – Denver, CO (CrossFit Mayhem)
5) Alex “TigerBelly” Lopez-Garcia – San Antonio, TX (CrossFit Invictus)
6) Matthew “Matty Mathew” Fitzpatrick – Killington, VT (CrossFit Amity)
7) Ben “E Kenobi” Powell – Murfreesboro, TN (CrossFit Elevate)
8) Mathew “Swagzilla” Bogdanowski – New York, NY (CrossFit NYC)
9) Daniel “Dan John” Johnosn – Lexington, KY (CrossFit KY)
10) Ian “The Water Baby” King – Washington, DC (CrossFit Potomac)
11) David “Panda” Lee – Miami, FL (CrossFit Power)
12) Domenic “King of the North” Raineri – Philadelphia, PA (Rex Crossfit)
13) Austin “Coveguar” Tinney – Huntsville, AL (CrossFit Yellowhammer)
14) Rob “Robust Monkey” Adderly – Miami, FL (Marlins Park CrossFit)
15) Daniel “Barrel Chest” Oldham – Miami, FL (CrossFit Miami)
16) David “Haymaker” Wells – Los Angeles, CA (Glendale Fighting Club)
We can assume that all of the above competitors are very skilled and have extensive experience. We also believe that any of the above athletes could potentially even win the entire competition.
What is your favorite memory from the 2014 CrossFit games?
About the 2014 Crossfit Games
The 2014 CrossFit games is an international athletic competition organized by CrossFit. The event is the sport’s version of a world cup held in late summer.
The competition started with a worldwide online qualifier held in February of 2014. Over 200,000 athletes participated in the qualifier.
Fifty men and fifty women qualified for the games from each qualifying region. Each of the thirteen regions includes different country. For example the North Central region includes USA, Canada and Mexico.
The top 20 men and top 20 women from the online qualifier participated in the 2014 Crossfit games. The rest of the spots were filled in by the top athletes from the previous year’s games.
All the competitors participated in a series of athletic events. The events are split into men and women’s category and also into 3 separate stages. These stages are known as the team, pairs and individual competition.
The team competition is a 3-5 mile event where one man and one woman from each team run the race at the same time. The pairs competition is a event where two competitors from each team participate at the same time.
Finally the individual event is a 1-3 mile event where one competitor from each team competes at the same time. Each team consists of 12 men and 12 women.
After all the events are completed, Crossfit ranks all the teams from first to twelfth and awards gold, silver and bronze medals to first 3 teams in both men’s and women’s divisions. The individual competition is used to decide individual standings and awards.
Crossfit gives a prize of $275,000 to the winning team as well as $20,000 to each member of the team. In total $370,000 in prize money is awarded.
1) What is your favorite memory from the 2014 Crossfit games? 2) Who is your favorite athlete competing in this year’s games? 3) What is your favorite region? 4) Who is your favorite team? 5) Who do you think will win this year’s Crossfit games?
Sources & references used in this article:
- CrossFit Athletic Identity’s Relationship to Sponsor Recall, Recognition, and Purchase Intent (DJ Larson, JC Wetherbee… – International Journal of …, 2019 – journals.aiac.org.au)
- CrossFit: Fitness cult or reinventive institution? (MC Dawson – International review for the sociology of sport, 2017 – journals.sagepub.com)
- Metabolic and cardiovascular response to the crossfit workout “Cindy”: a pilot study (B Kliszczewicz, RL Snarr, M Esco – J Sport Human Perf, 2014 – researchgate.net)
- Rx’d and shirtless: An examination of gender in a CrossFit box (BA Knapp – Women in Sport and Physical Activity …, 2015 – journals.humankinetics.com)
- Social identity and athlete identity among CrossFit members: An exploratory study on the CrossFit Open (J Woolf, H Lawrence – Managing Sport and Leisure, 2017 – Taylor & Francis)