4 Healthy Alternatives to (Cow) Milk
4. Oats: A Good Alternative To Cow’s Milk? Oatmeal is one of the most nutritious foods that you can eat. It contains a good amount of protein, iron, calcium, magnesium and many other nutrients. One cup of oats provides you with around 60 calories and 2 grams of carbohydrates which makes it a very filling food. You may not like the taste but if you are looking for something to replace cow’s milk then oats would be your best option!
3. Almond Milk: A Great Alternative To Cow’s Milk? Almonds are another great source of nutrition. They contain high amounts of protein, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus and potassium. Almonds have been used for centuries in various recipes because they provide a nutritionally balanced meal without being too heavy or oily.
2. Coconut Milk: A Great Alternative To Cow’s Milk? Coconut milk is a delicious drink made from the sap of the coconut tree. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins. It tastes similar to goat’s milk but much healthier! You can use it as a replacement for cow’s milk in many recipes such as smoothies, ice cream and even desserts!
1. Hemp Milk: A Great Alternative To Cow’s Milk? Hemp milk is a delicious and nutritious alternative to cow’s milk. It tastes very similar to coconut milk but contains more nutrients such as iron, magnesium, selenium and omega fatty acids. If you are allergic to nuts then you should definitely try hemp milk!
These are the most popular milk alternatives that you can try. Give them a taste and choose the one that suits your taste buds the most!
A nutritionist has explained why you should avoid milk if you are trying to lose weight. In the text below you can read that skimmed milk is bad for health. Another well known fact is that cow’s milk is not good for health.. In the text below you can read that milk causes asthma.
In the text below you can read that is milk bad for your health. In the text below you can read that is milk bad for your heart. In the text below you can read more about low fat milk.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Plant-based milk alternatives an emerging segment of functional beverages: a review (S Sethi, SK Tyagi, RK Anurag – Journal of food science and technology, 2016 – Springer)
- Probiotic fermented almond “milk” as an alternative to cow-milk yoghurt (N Bernat, M Cháfer, A Chiralt… – … Journal of Food …, 2015 – iseki-food-ejournal.com)
- Estimating fatty acid content in cow milk using mid-infrared spectrometry (H Soyeurt, P Dardenne, F Dehareng, G Lognay… – Journal of dairy …, 2006 – Elsevier)
- Severe nutritional deficiencies in toddlers resulting from health food milk alternatives (NF Carvalho, RD Kenney, PH Carrington, DE Hall – Pediatrics, 2001 – Am Acad Pediatrics)
- Foods for special dietary needs: Non-dairy plant-based milk substitutes and fermented dairy-type products (OE Mäkinen, V Wanhalinna, E Zannini… – Critical reviews in food …, 2016 – Taylor & Francis)
- Cow Milk versus Plant-Based Milk Substitutes: A Comparison of Product Image and Motivational Structure of Consumption (R Haas, A Schnepps, A Pichler, O Meixner – Sustainability, 2019 – mdpi.com)
- Maternal knowledge on mother-to-child transmission of HIV and breastmilk alternatives for HIV postive mothers in Homa Bay District Hospital, Kenya (AM Omwega, TJ Oguta, JK Sehmi – East African Medical Journal, 2006 – ajol.info)
- How well do plant based alternatives fare nutritionally compared to cow’s milk? (SK Vanga, V Raghavan – Journal of food science and technology, 2018 – Springer)