4 Tips to Improve Your Rowing Technique
1) How to Improve Your Rowing Endurance:
The main reason why people have problems with rowing is because they do not have enough endurance. They are unable to maintain their level of effort for long periods of time. If you want to improve your rowing endurance, it’s very important that you follow these tips:
Rowing technique is one of the most important things when it comes to improving your rowing performance. You need to learn proper technique so that you can stay focused during the whole race.
If you want to improve your rowing speed, it’s important that you focus on correct form. Correcting your technique will make sure that you are able to row faster than before.
In order to increase your strength, it’s necessary that you strengthen all muscles in your body. To do this, it is essential that you practice correct form while doing exercises such as pushups or pull ups.
You need to develop your mental toughness in order to perform at maximum capacity. It is important that you keep going through tough times and never give up.
2) How to Improve Your Rowing Split Time:
When it comes to improving your rowing split time, there are many factors which affect it. The most important ones are:
Rowing technique is the first and foremost thing which affects your split time. If your rowing technique is not good enough you are not going to be able to achieve your full potential.
Proper breathing also plays an important role in your rowing performance. Take a deep breath before pushing off the dock. Exhale after you finish each stroke. Always try to keep a steady pace and avoid quickening your pace at any cost.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Rowing injuries (TM Hosea, JA Hannafin – Sports health, 2012 – journals.sagepub.com)
- Favorable results with syringosubarachnoid shunts for treatment of syringomyelia (CH Tator, K Meguro, DW Rowed – Journal of Neurosurgery, 1982 – thejns.org)
- Biomechanics of rowing (V Kleshnev – 2016 – academia.edu)
- Back Pain in Intercollegiate Rowers (CC Teitz, J O’Kane, BK Lind… – The American Journal …, 2002 – journals.sagepub.com)
- The relationship between selected physiological variables of rowers and rowing performance as determined by a 2000 m ergometer test (B Sayer – 1991 – Hale)
- Stress reactivity in fire fighters: An exercise intervention (MJ Cosgrove, J Wilson, D Watt… – Journal of sports …, 1999 – Taylor & Francis)
- Rowing: The RowPerfect Ergometer: a training aid for on‐water single scull rowing (LC Throne, JB Bartholomew, J Craig… – International Journal of …, 2000 – Springer)
- Key management models: The management tools and practices that will improve your business (B Elliott, A Lyttle, O Birkett – Sports Biomechanics, 2002 – Taylor & Francis)