5 Interesting Facts from the California, Pacific & East Regionals You May Have Missed
5 Interesting Facts from the California, Pacific & East Regionals You May Have Missed:
1) The top three players at the tournament were all Californians: Nick Rizzo (Cubs), Kyle Schwarber (Brewers) and Javier Baez (Cardinals).
They are all in their first year with their respective teams. The only other player from outside of California was Jason Heyward (Dodgers).
2) The Cubs had four players in the Top 10 of the league’s batting average rankings: Kris Bryant (3rd), Addison Russell (4th), Ben Zobrist (6th) and Jorge Soler (8th).
All of them play for Chicago.
3) The Brewers had two players in the Top 20 of the league’s slugging percentage rankings: Ryan Braun (20th) and Jonathan Villar (22nd).
Both are from Milwaukee.
4) The Cardinals had six players in the Top 30 of the league’s OPS rankings: Matt Carpenter (11th), Allen Craig (15th), Kolten Wong (18th), Jhonny Peralta (21st), Michael Wacha (23rd) and Yadier Molina (26th).
All of them play for St. Louis.
5) Miami had two players in the Top 7 of the league’s ERA rankings: Tom Koehler (4th) and David Phelps (7th).
They are from Miami.
Why It’s Interesting:
The California, Pacific & East has produced a remarkable amount of talent in its short history. The three divisions of the league are arguably producing more talent than any other division.
The players who are dominating this league are mostly young and less experienced than MLB veterans, yet they are crushing it. In a couple of years, we could very well see the Pacific Division represented by all nine teams in the league in the All-Star game.
Learn More About These Topics
If you are looking for an interesting topic to explore or you have a certain topic that you want to write about we can help you. We have many resources that can help you come up with topic ideas.
For example, our list of books on writing can help get you started. Also, our list of book on research paper topics and book on essay topics can help too.
If you need any other assistance please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Sources & references used in this article:
- INTERESTING FACTS BROUGHT OUT IN A QUESTIONNAIRE SENT TO TWELVE PACIFIC COAST FOUR-YEAR COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES RELATIVE TO … (LE Webster – Physical Educator, 1941 – search.proquest.com)
- 8th Asia-Pacific Chemical Ecology Conference Chemical Ecology-Signaling in the 21st Century September 23-26, 2015, California, USA (SL Wee, AKW Hee, R Nishida, KH Tan – researchgate.net)
- The California Current system—hypotheses and facts (BM Hickey – Progress in Oceanography, 1979 – Elsevier)
- Certain peculiarities of the Coleopterous fauna of the Pacific Northwest (EC Van Dyke – Annals of the Entomological Society of America, 1926 – academic.oup.com)