5 Reasons to attend a CrossFit Regionals Event
5 Reasons to Attend a CrossFit Regionals Event
1) You’ll Get to Work with Some Great People!
2) Your Time Will Be Well Spent!
3) You Can Learn More About Yourself!
1.) You’ll get to work with some great people: I’ve been working out at my local gym for years now, but it’s always been just me and the guys there.
That’s not really what I want. I want to have fun with other people, and that means getting to know them better. So when I’m able to go meet new people, they’re going to be a lot more interesting than the guy or girl next door. Plus, it gives me something else to do besides lifting weights every day…which isn’t much these days!
2. Your time will be well spent: There are so many things to learn from others.
If you’re not learning anything, then you might as well stop right now. And if you need more motivation, here’s a list of all the things I learned while working at a restaurant for free:
a) You don’t have to eat everything on your plate.
b) You shouldn’t order dessert before dinner.
c) Always say “thank you” when someone helps you.
d) Don’t talk on the job.
e) It’s better to save money rather than spend it all.
f) Never take things that aren’t yours…even if no one notices.
g) If you do something wrong, just admit it.
h) What happens in the back room stays in the back room.
i) You don’t have to eat everything on your plate.
j) Olive oil and butter are really good for you.
k) Don’t order dessert before dinner.
l) You should always say “thank you” when someone helps you.
m) Always take a bath or shower after working.
3. You can learn more about yourself!
(And others!): You’ll learn a lot more about yourself when you’re in a group of people.
When you work at a restaurant, you get to see how others act under pressure. (Hint: They freak out and yell at you.) You’ll also need some thick skin when dealing with certain customers. For example, if someone is rude to you, just remember that they had a really bad day at work. Always be kind, and never talk back. The more you can do this, the more people will like you, especially your boss!
Why should one attend a Crossfit event?
Crossfit is becoming very popular all over the world and there are events where one can enjoy this sport. There are some places which host crossfit competitions on a regular basis. People form groups and register for such events. One can enjoy a day full of entertainment and crossfit.
One can also join as a spectator. These events also have an interesting element of competition in which people can participate for fun.
This makes the environment very exciting and people look forward to such events.
Watching people do extraordinarily difficult tasks is also very interesting. People push themselves to their limits and this is fascinating to watch.
Sports like these prove that the human body can achieve amazing things if it tries hard enough.
In addition to this, these events also have a social aspect to them. Many people make friends at such events.
They share the common passion and this creates a bond that lasts long after the event is over.
If you are passionate about crossfit, then there are plenty of events that one can attend. There are amateur and professional crossfit competitions taking place all over the world.
You can get the relevant information online and decide which one you want to attend.
If this is your first time, then you can go for the smaller scale events where the environment will be less intimidating for you. You can also decide to go for the larger competitions as well if you think that you’re ready.
Do note that these events aren’t exactly cheap. The price can range from a few dollars to a couple hundred dollars.
This is mainly because such events require a lot of manpower and equipment, so the organizer has to charge a reasonable fee from the participants to break even.
Some of the cheaper events are organized by local groups as a way to fund raise. These tend to be popular, but one should do some research before participating in them as not all of them are genuine.
Safety is obviously a major concern whenever one is planning to attend an event. One should make sure that all the safety measures are taken and all the necessary equipment is available.
It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Crossfit has become a very popular sport and events are often held all over the world. If you’re a fitness fanatic and love watching other people push themselves to their limits, then you should definitely try to attend at least one of these events in the future.
You’re in for a treat.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Understanding international events (N Ferdinand, SJ Shaw, E Forsberg – Event management an …, 2017 – books.google.com)
- Effects of Motivation in Participating to Crossfit Centers With the Purpose of Recreative Exercise (H Ayar – 2018 – acikerisim.gelisim.edu.tr)
- Challenge, commitment, community, and empowerment: Factors that promote the adoption of CrossFit as a training program (M Ryan Shuda, Y Feito – Transformation, 2017 – researchgate.net)
- The delivery and management of women-only sport events and their future sustainability (BL Newland – Routledge Handbook of the Business of Women’s …, 2019 – books.google.com)
- When helping helps: exploring health benefits of cancer survivors participating in for-cause physical activity events (MRU Meyer, AR Meyer, C Wu, J Bernhart – BMC public health, 2018 – Springer)
- BLACK RIVER CROSSFIT 2.0 (L RAUN, T BRC – 2018 – blackrivercrossfit.co.za)