5 Tips to Get Your Friends to Try CrossFit
5 Tips to Get Your Friends to Try CrossFit:
1) You need to have fun!
2) Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything right away.
There are plenty of videos online that will explain it all. If you want to learn more, there are also books available.
I highly recommend “The Nerd Fitness Academy” by Mike Robertson and Ryan Nicodemus (NRA). They offer free courses and DVDs on their website.
3) Don’t feel like you have to do things exactly as they say.
Just try them out and see what works best for your body type or goals.
4) Make sure you’re getting enough sleep!
Sleep deprivation leads to poor performance during workouts, which means less energy for the next workout.
5) Find someone who shares your interests and ask them to join you in training with you.
You’ll make new friends that way!
How to Improve Endurance While Doing CrossFit:
There are many ways to improve your endurance while doing crossfit. Here’s some ideas:
1) Do more reps.
More reps means more calories burned per minute. A good rule of thumb is 10% increase in weight x 1 rep = calorie burn rate.
For instance, if you increase your reps from 15 to 20, your calorie burn rate increases 10%.
2) Do more sets.
You can also do this with the same weight by increasing the number of reps per set. So if you go from 3 sets of 15 to 4 sets of 15, you’re burning more calories.
3) Work out longer.
The longer you’re at a given exercise, the more calories you’ll burn. So if you’re used to 45 minutes, try 60 or 90.
4) Do double days.
If you’re doing a strength based workout in the morning, why not do a metcon in the evening? Or vice versa?
Now you have twice as much time to workout, which means twice the calorie burn! And don’t worry about overtraining, because that only happens if you don’t give your body time to recover.
5) Go hard.
The more effort you put into a workout, the more calories you burn. Crossfit has a reputation for being really hard, which is true most of the time.
You don’t have to be superman, but try to give a little more than usual every now and then.
6) Take AMRAP sets to the next level.
The AMRAP set is the set in which you “addicted mf’er”
Sources & references used in this article:
- You are here: Home/Blog/News/5 TIPS TO KEEP YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM HEROIC (F HOME – foundationcrossfit.com)
- The lived experience of CrossFit as a context for the development of women’s body image and appearance management practices (M Podmore, JP Ogle – Fashion and Textiles, 2018 – Springer)
- Strong is the new sexy: Women, CrossFit, and the postfeminist ideal (MS Washington, M Economides – … of Sport and Social Issues, 2016 – journals.sagepub.com)
- Challenge, commitment, community, and empowerment: Factors that promote the adoption of CrossFit as a training program (M Ryan Shuda, Y Feito – Transformation, 2017 – researchgate.net)