A Recap of 15.1 & 15.1a Plus Some Tips From the Pros
A recap of 15.1 and 15.1a plus some tips from the pros are two popular questions which have been asked by many students in the past few years. These questions are often posed during the first part of their preparation for the MCAT or when they take it again after taking a break (or even before).
The purpose of this post is to provide you with answers to these questions so that you can better prepare yourself for your upcoming test. You will find out what the most common types of questions are, how much time it takes to answer them correctly, and other useful information such as the best way to approach each type of question.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Questions?
There are several different kinds of questions on the MCAT. Knowing what kind of questions are most often asked is important for two reasons.
Firstly, you must be sure to focus on the most common types of questions because you cannot afford to waste time learning about or practicing rare types of questions that appear once every couple of tests.
Secondly, answering the most common types of questions more quickly will give you extra time to spend on the harder, rarer questions. This could make the difference between a high and low score.
The most common types of questions are:
General knowledge in the life sciences (about 50% of the test)
General knowledge in the physical sciences (about 20% of the test)
General knowledge in the verbal reasoning and writing sections (about 20% of the test)
Of these, the first area of general knowledge, life sciences, consists mainly of questions taken from biology, chemistry and physics.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Binge-eating disorder diagnosis and treatment: a recap in front of DSM-5 (F Amianto, L Ottone, GA Daga, S Fassino – BMC psychiatry, 2015 – Springer)
- Noncompliance with universal precautions policy: why do physicians and nurses recap needles? (MH Becker, NK Janz, J Band, J Bartley… – American Journal of …, 1990 – Elsevier)
- ReCAP: impact of multidisciplinary care on processes of cancer care: a multi-institutional study (E Onukwugha, NJ Petrelli, KM Castro… – Journal of oncology …, 2016 – ascopubs.org)
- Managerial discretion, organizational structure, and corporate performance: A study of leveraged recapitalizations (DJ Denis, DK Denis – Journal of Accounting and Economics, 1993 – Elsevier)
- Militancy and Kidnapping in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria; A Recap (S Alumuna, RC Ofoegbu, AS Edet – Elixir Social Studies, 2017 – academia.edu)
- Estimating the size of a Mongolian Racerunner Eremias argus (Squamata: Lacertidae) population at Baramarae Beach, Taeanhaean National Park (JY Song, MH Chang, KS Koo – Korean J Herpetol, 2013 – lacerta.de)
- A randomized seven-year study on performance of the stemmed metal M2a-Magnum and ceramic C2a-Taper, and the resurfacing ReCap hip implants (A Borgwardt, L Borgwardt, B Zerahn… – The Journal of …, 2018 – Elsevier)
- Biodistribution and translational pharmacokinetic modeling of a human recombinant alkaline phosphatase (E Peters, J Stevens, J Arend, Z Guan, W Raaben… – International journal of …, 2015 – Elsevier)
- Leveraged recaps and the curbing of corporate overinvestment (DJ Denis, DK Denis – Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 1993 – Wiley Online Library)