Doing CrossFit on the Road
CrossFit Wod: Running on the Road
A few years ago I was asked to write a book about crossfit. At first I thought it would be easy, but then I realized that writing a book is not like doing crossfit. Writing a book requires much time and effort, which are two things that I don’t have. So after some research I decided to do something else with my life instead of going through all these difficulties to write a book about crossfit.
I started doing road runs. A year later I wrote my first article about road running. Since then I’ve been traveling around the world to do various activities such as mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, kayaking, sailing and other outdoor sports. One thing that I learned while traveling is how different the way people live is from each country or region. There were many differences between countries and regions that made me realize that there are many ways of living life without working hard at it.
In the past I used to think that if you work hard enough, you’ll get ahead. But now I see that most people don’t work hard at anything they want to achieve. They just do what they’re told and enjoy themselves. People nowadays tend to take whatever they want as long as it’s free. That’s why so many people are unhappy today because they don’t have any money left over for their own enjoyment or even for food!
I remember when I was a kid my parents told me that I should get a good education so that I could have a good job. That’s exactly what I did and I got a good job in the automotive industry, which paid well. But then the automotive industry gave their jobs to people in foreign countries where they could get their work done cheaper, so I lost my job.
Sources & references used in this article:
- ‘These chicks go just as hard as us!'(Un) doing gender in a Dutch CrossFit gym (S Schrijnder, N van Amsterdam… – … Review for the …, 2020 – journals.sagepub.com)
- Scaling CrossFit workouts (J Gordon – The CrossFit Journal, 2015 – library.crossfit.com)
- She’s a Beast: A Critical Analysis of the “Ideal” Woman CrossFitter in Fittest on Earth and Road to the Games (S Neufeld – 2019 – opus.uleth.ca)
- The World of CrossFit (P DiPrimio – 2020 – books.google.com)
- BLACK RIVER CROSSFIT 2.0 (L RAUN, T BRC – 2018 – blackrivercrossfit.co.za)
- Inside the Box: How CrossFit® Shredded the Rules, Stripped Down the Gym, and Rebuilt My Body (JC Herz – 2015 – Harmony)
- CrossFit study (TJ Murphy – 2012 – books.google.com)