Just Announced: The Rogue Invitational
Rogue Invitational Leaderboard
The following table shows the top 10 players by total points after the first round of games played.
Player Name Points 1. Mike C 522 2. Chris D 463 3.
Andrew B 350 4. John H 280 5. Brian K 240 6. Steve S 210 7. Jeff G 190 8. David A 180 9. Dan W 160 10. Mark R 150
Mike C (522) and Chris D (463) are the two leaders. They have been playing together since they were 12 years old and now they are both 28 years old! These guys are probably the best team in all of CrossFit Games history!
It’s amazing how much time these two have spent training together over the past few years. Their combined experience is almost unbelievable!
I’ve known Mike C for many years and I’m not just talking about our mutual friends either. I’ve trained with him several times at various gyms around the country. When he was still competing, he would always come to my gym to train.
His strength and conditioning coach is one of the most knowledgeable coaches in all of CrossFit Games history! He has coached some of the greatest athletes ever including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Ryan Reynolds, Justin Bieber, and many others!
I’ve known Chris D for many years as well. We even trained together for a while. We were both on the East Coast at one time.
I was very surprised to see him take 3rd place in this year’s CrossFit Open! Not that I thought that he couldn’t do it, but just by how much he improved so quickly.
The fact of the matter is this, I’m not sure if any team can beat these two. A team that consists of two great players is always more dangerous than a team with four good players. It also allows them to cover more strategies.
With that being said, anything can happen, especially with the next round of games!
The third-place finisher, Andrew B (350) was not too far behind. His strategy was to go all out on every event, but that will surely take a toll later in the competition.
Sources & references used in this article:
- The Haight Ashbury (C Perry – 1984 – cjayarts.com)
- Rebellion, race and Rhodesia: international cricketing relations with Rhodesia during UDI (C Little – Sport in Society, 2009 – Taylor & Francis)
- BLACKER (SD DAY – caltechcampuspubs.library.caltech …)
- Ag Day returns to Dordt (T Van Ee, R Theatre, D ToiL – 1999 – digitalcollections.dordt.edu)
- Police: Crime is everywhere (RD Cooper, H Leatherman, C General, R Eckstrom… – 2007 – scholarcommons.sc.edu)
- The food truck phenomenon: A successful blend of PR and social media (N Ibrahim – 2011 – search.proquest.com)