The 2015 Masters CrossFit Games Qualifier Begins this Week
The 2015 Masters CrossFit Games Qualifier begins this week! There are three open spots and only one will be filled. The qualifiers will be competing against each other in a series of events over the next two weeks. Here’s what you need to know:
Date: April 25th – May 1st, 2015 Location: CrossFit HQ, Portland, OR Time: 9 AM – 6 PM EST (6 AM – 2 PM PST)
Qualifiers will compete in the following events for their chance at qualifying for the 2016 Masters Open Championships in September. You’ll want to tune into our live stream so you don’t miss any of it!
Open Qualifier #1: April 25th – May 1st, 2015 – 9 AM – 6 PM EST (6 AM – 2 PM PST)
– Open Qualifier #2: May 2nd -5 June, 2015 – 5 PM EDT (12 Noon PDT)
– Open Qualifier #3: June 5th -5 July, 2015 – 12 Noon PT (4PM UTC)
There are also some additional qualifications for the Masters Open Championship. You must be 50 years old as of December 31, 2015 and you must have a minimum of 5 years of CrossFit training experience.
That means you need to have had a coach verify your scores before December 31, 2014. If you’ve been training on your own, you can self-verify using Open workout 11.5 and 12.5.
The top 3 in each region from the Open Qualifiers will advance to the Masters Open Championship in September.
We look forward to watching the competition and wish all competitors the best of luck!
This is an important article for people that want to qualify for the crossfit games masters. The masters need to train hard.
We also talk about crossfit masters workouts. The following information is important for masters and people that want to be masters:
What is the CrossFit Open?
The CrossFit Games season starts each year with the Open. The Open is a five-week long series of workouts that allows anyone to participate. The Open also provides the qualifying round for the individual events at the Games. Each workout is posted daily and anyone can pre-register to participate before the announcements each week.
What are the divisions?
There are online and onsite divisions for the Open. Most people will choose to participate in the online Open since it allows you to complete the routines from the comfort of your home or anywhere with internet access. The onsite division requires you to find a local CrossFit affiliate to participate with and also attend the workouts each day. Most often, the online and onsite divisions will have different dates and times for the workouts.
What does it cost to participate?
It’s free! The Open is totally free to participate in, however, you do need to sign up and agree to the terms set forth by CrossFit, Inc.
Where can I find the announcement each week?
Each week, you’ll find the workout details posted on the Games site. The announcement will include the official start time and the daily cutoff times.
How long do I have for each workout?
When you click on the daily announcement, you’ll find a page with all of the information about that day’s workout. At the top of the page is a “schedule” for that day’s events with timestamps for when each section of the workout should begin.
Sources & references used in this article:
- Effect of grit on performance in Crossfit in advanced and novice athletes (M Cazayoux, M DeBeliso – Turkish Journal of Kinesiology, 2019 – pdfs.semanticscholar.org)
- Saturday June 20th (MU into Summer – crossfitsantacruz.com)
- The physical training of rhe youth in the context of the complex implementation of” Ready for Work and Defense”. (R Nagovitsyn, M Kudryavtsev, A Osipov… – Journal of Physical …, 2019 – efsupit.ro)
- Branded fitness: Exercise and promotional culture (D Powers, DM Greenwell – Journal of Consumer Culture, 2017 – journals.sagepub.com)
- A comparison of the motivational factors between CrossFit participants and other resistance exercise modalities: a pilot study (J Fisher, A Sales, L Carlson, J Steele – J Sports Med Phys Fitness, 2016 – researchgate.net)
- Well-being (A Moore – 2015 – connection.media.clients …)